January 14, 2023
8:00 am – 11:30 am
Miami Beach, FL
The Chi Walk-Run workshop is perfect for walkers who want to introduce running into their fitness program, beginner runners, or those returning to running from an injury or hiatus.
This class provides a unique integration of the knowledge and experiential foundations of both Chi Walking and Chi Running. I will demonstrate the various components of Chi Walking and Chi Running and will guide students through exercises and drills designed to leave you with a clear sense of what Chi Walking, Chi Running and Chi Walk-Run feel like in your body.
There will be some walking, running and walk-running, but only enough to learn the basics and foundations of these approaches – a relaxed, full and inspiring day! Upon completion, the student will be able to walk and run with more ease and efficiency and will be able to move effortlessly back and forth between walking and running. Open to all levels of walker or runner.
In this workshop you will learn:
• Keys to effortless, injury-free walking and running
• Basics of the holistic, integrated Chi Walk-Run approach
• Core muscle technique drills and exercises
• Upper and lower body usage in walking and running, e.g., running witout using your legs and the role of gravity
• Introduction to Chi Walking and Chi Running form
• Energy conservation in movement
• Body scanning, awareness and choice re. walking and/or running
• Tips for transitions between walking and running: when to do which and how to make the shift most efficiently
Please contact Instructor Mike at Mike@TriChi.run or Instructor in Training, Carolina Perez Sanz at firstname.lastname@example.org, for further information. While taught in English, Carolina will also be available for Spanish/Portuguese translation as needed.
Cancel 14 days before the workshop and you will be refunded your registration payment minus a $35 processing fee, or you can use the registration payment for a future workshop with ChiLiving, Inc. within one year with no penalty.
If you cancel within 14 days of the workshop, you will not receive a refund, but the fee can be credited towards a future workshop purchased with Chi Living, Inc. within one year. If you cancel within two days of the workshop you forfeit your full payment.
The instructor reserves the right to cancel/reschedule the workshop, in which case you will receive a full refund.
COVID19 Protocol: The instructor and participants will be required to follow the current recommendations on the dates of in-person sessions.